Students of any age are referred for a psychoeducational assessment for many reasons:
• difficulties learning at school, college, or university
• “gifted” learning profile
• concerns regarding child development
• behavioural challenges at school
• concern that a student’s true potential is not being realized in the classroom
• the need for “accommodations” in the classroom and for exams (i.e. the removal of “barriers” that get in the way of student being able to succeed)
• questions regarding ideal school placement or programming
At The Wishing Star, our clinicians are expertly trained in considering the WHOLE person in order to support in charting a path forward. Our approach to assessment is informed by the most current information about brain development, and takes into account not only an individual’s strengths and needs, as well as the role of family, school, and other contexts in the individual’s learning experience.
If you think your child may benefit from a psychoeducational assessment, connect with one of our skilled administrative team members who can walk you through the whole process from intake to results debrief to follow-up supports.
We understand that this can feel like a big decision, and we are here to support you each step of the way. and